Please let the webmaster know if these links don’t link.
- Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, in San Diego, California.
- Robert Jon Cox’s site dedicated to the Battle off Samar
- USS Samuel B. Roberts (FFG 58)
- Shipmates of the USS Samuel B. Roberts (DD-823)
- USS Carr (FFG 52)
- USS Leyte Gulf (CG 55)
- US Navy Historical Center
- US Navy Memorial Foundation
- Admiral Nimitz Museum and Historical Center
- Destroyers Online
- USS Slater (DE 766), a floating museum run by the Destroyer Escort Historical Foundation in Albany, New York.
- Site on the USS Johnston (DD 557) and USS Hoel (DD 533), two valiant ships also sunk at Taffy III. Lots of great information nicely put together by Bill Mercer.
- USS Rich DE 695 Survivors
- USS Conklin (DE 439)
- Link to USS Nicholas, at Leyte Gulf during the big battle. (thanks to Dave McComb)
- US Navy Destroyer Escorts 1940-45
- Destroyer Escort Sailors Association (DESA)
- Tin Can Sailors: The National Organization of Destroyer Veterans
Just finished the book “For Crew and Country” I cannot express the gratitude to all who served on the Samuel B. Roberts! Amazing courage and bravery in the midst of certain death. The charge at an overwhelming larger and stronger force is a classic American tale. Thank you to each and every member of the crew.